Wednesday, April 27, 2011

As Andrew Marr has been in the news recently accused of hypocrisy, and as he's been mentioned many times on this blog in relation to the BBC's so-called Impartiality Summit and the resultant From Seesaw to Wagon Wheel, and as Andrew Marr has a high opinion of BBC journalists, I've decided to publish my email to him dated 6th July 2008.
Dear Andrew,

I believe you told people at the BBC's Impartiality Summit, amongst other things, that there is almost certainly an abnormally large proportion of gay people working for the BBC compared with the general population.

Please could you advise me why you believe that statement to be true?

Also why do you believe that there is an innate liberal bias at the BBC, and why do you think that gay people necessarily add to any liberal bias?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew Marr has never replied to my enquiries.

No comments: