Sunday, April 16, 2006

I just looked at the Newsround What's In The News forum. Looks like I've been wrong in some of the things I've said previously about the Newsround message boards because I noticed a message thread called "gay marriges" and I thought everything "gay" had been censored. The thread dates back to January 2006, a few weeks after civil partnerships were introduced in Britain.

So that's good news. But some problems remain. Newsround itself did not report civil partnerships and hasn't reported any other gay related news or news about fighting homophobia. And we also know that a message asking for help about being gay was removed recently (see blog for 7 April). I'm still waiting to see what Cyril Husbands from the BBC Diversity Centre has to say about that.

{Note - the thread link will become broken over time}

No comments: